Salary: Potential Scale 3 – 5, £24,006-£25,173 per annum (pro-rata) depending on skills and relevant experience
Hours: Part-time, 12 hours per week, (subject to review). A hybrid mixture of office and home working.
Location: Head office address: Carers Trust Solihull, Solihull Fire Station Annexe, 620 Streetsbrook Road, Shirley Solihull, B91 1QY
We are seeking to appoint a well-organised, reliable, and enthusiastic person to join our welcoming not-for-profit charity providing support to thousands of Solihull’s unpaid, mostly family carers. You will recruit, train and retain a team of volunteers to support the overall work of Carers Trust Solihull (CTS) and champion the roles of volunteers within CTS, supporting specific volunteer projects as required. If successful, you will support the CEO in the preparation of the volunteer strategy and the overall support of volunteers.
This role would suit someone with:
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent literacy, ICT, and presentation skills
- Knowledge and skills in training and mentoring individuals and teams
- Proven problem-solving and conflict management.
- The ability to network and make new external contacts.
Benefits include Pension in excess of statutory requirements, generous sick pay, flexible working – in excess of statutory requirements, mixture of working from home and office, accrual of Annual leave days, employee Assistance Programme – Counselling Service, concessionary bank holidays days and investment in staff training and development with regular supervision and annual appraisal and progression (where appropriate).
Closing date: 10th April 2023
Interview date: 17th April 2023
For any enquiries please call 0121 788 1143 and ask for Brandon Scott-Omenka or email VinayaVijayan@solihullcarers.org
Job Description and Person Specification
Your CV should demonstrate that you have:
- 2 years’ experience of in recruiting, training, mentoring and retaining individual volunteers and teams
- Good IT skills and quick to learn new IT systems
Submit your CV here